PT. Bank Commonwealth (“Commonwealth Bank”) is a subsidiary of the Sydney based Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA), the largest financial company listed in Australia Securities Exchange (ASX).
Commonwealth Bank focuses on both the Retail and SME segments, providing a full range of banking products and services – as well as being a leading provider of Wealth Management – by offering tailored financial solutions to serve customers’ needs.
Commonwealth Bank is registered and supervised by Otoritas Jasa Keuangan
Comprehensive Products and Services:
- Retail Funding: Current and savings accounts, term deposits, Debit card.
- Retail: Mortgages, Personal Loans, Auto loans (Joint Finance).
- SME: Term Loan, Revolving Loan and Overdraft
- Wealth Management: Investment and Treasury products.
- Safe Deposit Boxes (SDB).
- Award winning 24-hr Call Center
- Mobile Banking
- Total Asset: IDR 23 trillion
- Total Third Party Funding: IDR 16 trillion
- Total Lending: IDR 14 trillion.
- Capital Adequacy Ratio (CAR): 23.33%.
- Branches: 35 offices.
- Network coverage: 26 cities.
- Proprietary ATM: 84 units.
*Data as per August 2019
The presence of Commonwealth Bank is part of CBA’s long term strategy to expand its business in Asia Pacific, particularly in Indonesia and China. In Indonesia, it was marked with the opening of its representative office in 1992.
In 1997, CBA established a joint venture to provide corporate banking services to Indonesian business entities, and then it became Commonwealth Bank, with CBA as a majority shareholder in 2000.
In 2007, as part of an expansion plan to develop Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) market, Commonwealth Bank acquired the Surabaya-based Bank Artha Niaga Kencana (ANK), which had a strong presence in Eastern Java. The acquisition established Commonwealth Bank’s footprint to broaden its reach to Eastern Indonesia.
Commonwealth Bank received multiple acknowledgements — both domestic and international — in reflection of our successful transformation journey. Reflecting our steadfast commitment to continue meeting customers’ banking needs, we were awarded:
- Rank 1st in the 2019 and 2018 Banking Service Excellence Monitoring (BSEM) – Marketing Research Indonesia & Infobank.
- The First Digital Banking Application with Robo Advisory Service – Indonesian Museum of Records (MURI)
- The First Digital Banking Application that Integrates Comprehensive Wealth Management Product Information – Indonesian Museum of Records (MURI)
- Best Frictionless Customer Experience Initiative, Application or Program for SmartWealth Bank Commonwealth – The Asian Banker Indonesia Awards 2019
- Inclusive Banking Product and Service Award for Indonesia for the WISE program by Bank Commonwealth – The Asian Banker Indonesia Awards 2019
- Social Media Initiative of the Year – Asian Banking & Finance Retail Banking Awards 2019
- Best Wealth Manager – Rising Star – The Asset Triple A
- The Most Efficient Bank BUKU 2 – Bisnis Indonesia Financial Award 2019
Strong and Confident
Commonwealth Bank maintains ‘AAA’ national long-term rating with Stable Outlook since 2010 from PT. Fitch Ratings Indonesia (Fitch), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Fitch Ratings Ltd. ‘AAA’ is the highest rating assigned to any debt issuer, reflecting the Bank’s high level of creditworthiness with the strongest capacity to repay investors. Such rating allows Commonwealth Bank to attractively price its issuance of local debt instruments to fund future growth.
As one of the most important markets in Asia, Indonesia offers opportunities of substantial growth. With a solid financial service as the Bank’s firm foundation, CBA will continue providing extensive supports and looking forward to seeing Commonwealth Bank plays a significant role and bringing positive influence towards Indonesian banking sector.
The Bank always views that monetary gain is not merely the objective of the business. No less important is the social activities the Bank has taken part, as part of giving back to society and the bedrock to build a sustainable corporation.
One of the highlights worth mentioning is the Womenprenuer Indonesia for Sustainable and Empowerment (WISE) financial literacy program for women entrepreneurs, in collaboration with partners and communities to share knowledge on business and finance to improve financial wellbeing. More details of this program can be found at https://wise-indonesia.com
Anti-Bribery and Corruption
PT Bank Commonwealth as a financial institution that upholds healthy business ethics in carrying out our business activities does not tolerate any form of Bribery and Corruption. To that end, PT Bank Commonwealth is committed to embedding a ZERO TOLERANCE culture towards Bribery and Corruption.
As part of our commitment, PT Bank Commonwealth has Anti Bribery and Corruption policy that prohibits all employees and management to be involved in any form of Bribe and Corruption, including giving/receiving bribe, or gifts and/or entertainment that could potentially influence business decision.
In the event of Bribery and Corruption involving PT Bank Commonwealth employees and management, please report it to our SpeakUP hotline:
• Phone: 08071919191/ Ext. 8800 (office operational hours)
• E-mail: email@example.com