PT. Bank Commonwealth (“Commonwealth Bank”) is a subsidiary of the Sydney based Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA), the largest financial company listed in Australia Securities Exchange (ASX).
Commonwealth Bank focuses on both the Retail and SME segments, providing a full range of banking products and services – as well as being a leading provider of Wealth Management – by offering tailored financial solutions to serve customers’ needs.
Commonwealth Bank is registered and supervised by Otoritas Jasa Keuangan.
Number of Shares
Commonwealth Bank of Australia
PT Giga Galaxy
PT Murni Galaxy
PT Samudra Anugerah Megah
PT Ramadewan Winoko
PT Prima Rukun Langgeng
PT Fincom Surya Putra
Comprehensive Products and Services:
- Retail Funding: Current and savings accounts, term deposits, Debit card.
- Retail: Mortgages, Personal Loans, Auto loans (Joint Finance).
- SME: Term Loan, Revolving Loan and Overdraft
- Wealth Management: Investment and Treasury products.
- Safe Deposit Boxes (SDB).
- Award winning 24-hr Call Center
- Mobile Banking
- Total Asset: IDR 22 trillion
- Total Third Party Funding: IDR 15 trillion
- Total Lending: IDR 13 trillion
- Capital Adequacy Ratio (CAR): 24.58%
- Branches: 33 offices
- Network coverage: 25 cities
- Proprietary ATM: 81 units
*Data as per October 2020
The presence of Commonwealth Bank is part of CBA’s long term strategy to expand its business in Asia Pacific, particularly in Indonesia and China. In Indonesia, it was marked with the opening of its representative office in 1992.
In 1997, CBA established a joint venture to provide corporate banking services to Indonesian business entities, and then it became Commonwealth Bank, with CBA as a majority shareholder in 2000.
In 2007, as part of an expansion plan to develop Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) market, Commonwealth Bank acquired the Surabaya-based Bank Artha Niaga Kencana (ANK), which had a strong presence in Eastern Java. The acquisition established Commonwealth Bank’s footprint to broaden its reach to Eastern Indonesia.
Commonwealth Bank received multiple acknowledgements — both domestic and international — in reflection of our successful transformation journey. Reflecting our steadfast commitment to continue meeting customers’ banking needs, we were awarded:
- First place in Banking Service Excellence Monitoring (BSEM) three years in a row (2020, 2019 dan 2018) by Marketing Research Indonesia & Infobank.
- The First Digital Banking Application with Robo Advisory Service – Indonesian Museum of Records (MURI)
- The First Digital Banking Application that Integrates Comprehensive Wealth Management Product Information – Indonesian Museum of Records (MURI)
- Bank with the predicate HEALTHY in BUKU 2 Category – Warta Ekonomi Indonesia Best Bank Award 2020
- Digital Brand Awards 2020 – Infobank
- Wealth Management Platform of the Year – Asian Banking & Finance Retail Banking Awards 2020
- The Best Use of Instagram – Indonesia Content Marketing Awards 2020
- Best Frictionless Customer Experience Initiative, Application or Program for SmartWealth Bank Commonwealth – The Asian Banker Indonesia Awards 2019
- Inclusive Banking Product and Service Award for Indonesia for the WISE program by Bank Commonwealth – The Asian Banker Indonesia Awards 2019
- Best Wealth Manager 2019 – Rising Star – The Asset Triple A
- The Most Efficient Bank BUKU 2 – Bisnis Indonesia Financial Award 2019
- Best Bank in supporting SME in BUKU 1 & 2 Category – Bank Indonesia
Strong and Confident
Commonwealth Bank maintains ‘AAA’ national long-term rating with Stable Outlook since 2010 from PT. Fitch Ratings Indonesia (Fitch), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Fitch Ratings Ltd. ‘AAA’ is the highest rating assigned to any debt issuer, reflecting the Bank’s high level of creditworthiness with the strongest capacity to repay investors. Such rating allows Commonwealth Bank to attractively price its issuance of local debt instruments to fund future growth.
As one of the most important markets in Asia, Indonesia offers opportunities of substantial growth. With a solid financial service as the Bank’s firm foundation, CBA will continue providing extensive supports and looking forward to seeing Commonwealth Bank plays a significant role and bringing positive influence towards Indonesian banking sector.
The Bank always views that monetary gain is not merely the objective of the business. No less important is the social activities the Bank has taken part, as part of giving back to society and the bedrock to build a sustainable corporation.
One of the highlights worth mentioning is the Womenprenuer Indonesia for Sustainable and Empowerment (WISE) financial literacy program for women entrepreneurs, in collaboration with partners and communities to share knowledge on business and finance to improve financial wellbeing. More details of this program can be found at https://wise-indonesia.com